Friday, October 20, 2006

Hi to my Seven Loyal Readers!

Lately, the world of Little Miss Westchester has been quite busy, and fraught with change. So, in an effort to keep my 7 loyal readers in the loop (you still there guys?), here is an update on some of the more pressing issues I have been secretly ranting about over the past few months.

1. Angry Ear
While my ear no longer seems “angry;” little care I, now that I have received the ridiculously-overpriced hospital bill for my ear emergency. As you may recall, I scratched the inside of my ear a few weeks ago while conducting an ill-advised experiment to test just HOW much of my hand I could comfortably fit into my ear. Apparently, not much. And, when I went to the walk in clinic the next day-the doctor there looked in my ear for less than one minute before telling me that my ear was “too angry,” and that she could do absolutely nothing for me. She then sent me to her hospitals ear-nose-throat doctor who, she thought, would be able to help me. For that, she charged me $82. Eighty two dollars to tell me my ear was ANGRY and that she was having none of it. Trust me honey, my ear is not the only thing that is angry now.

2. Countdown to Christmas
According to Coworker B’s Christmas Countdown Chalk Board (that she has been maintaining since April), it is now only 65 days to Christmas. Ho….ho….hoooooo.

3. Need for Speed...ing Ticket.
I am sure we were all relieved when my friend’s lawyer husband was able to reduce my latest 6-point speeding ticket (which would have brought my infraction score up to a lose-your-license 12 points) to a 2-point speedometer infraction. I had to pay an extra $100 for this, but that was a small price to pay to keep my license. I was feeling good about the whole thing, until I got a letter in the mail yesterday “asking” me if I wanted to take a traffic safety course. As a point of reference, my mother didn’t have to take her traffic safety course for speeding until she was 36. Let the record show, I have her beat by 10 years.

4. Dating for Dummies
While I don’t often blog about the highs and lows of my dating life on this blog, I will say that my decision to ignore my dating scene may be less to do with the dates themselves and more to do with the fact that there really aren’t any. However, last week I had 2 dates, and tonight I am going on date number two with Guy Pearce look-a-like Guy Milwaukee. I had a great time last Monday with Guy, and I am really looking forward to spending some more time getting to know him. Stay tuned for updates next week.

5. Squirrels
I still hate them.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm back as one of your readers. My sabatical is over.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Beth Danae said...

'Hong Kong beth' says, of course I am still reading.. though not sure if the 7 is counting me anyway...

Looking forward to the update on date #2 with guy (is this his real name, sounds suspicious a guy named guy though I have heard of this name before)

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Little Miss Westchester said...

Beth, OF COURSE you are included in that prestigious list of readers. Thanks for sticking with me! No Guy is not his real name-names have been changed to protect the innocent....namely me!

Much Love, LMW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters