Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Speed Racer

It has been said (by several credible sources), that the women in my family have what could be seen as a speeding problem.

Since I got my license I have been the unhappy recipient of several VERY substantial speeding tickets; and frankly, I blame my mother for this. You might disagree with me, but I think that I am just an innocent victim here. I mean, by the time I was 10 my mother had already had to retake Driver’s Education in Wisconsin because, at the age of 38, she thought they were kidding with the posted 40MPH speed limit on our city’s main road. So, I ask you, if kids are supposed to learn how to do things from their parent’s, did I ever really stand a chance?

I bring this up because a few weeks ago, for the second time this year, I managed to earn myself a 6-point speeding ticket. Let’s do some quick math: 6+6=12 Points, which equals a potential suspension of my driver’s license. As you can imagine, I am nervous...although, come to think about it, as a single gal, I could probably meet some new guys in driver's ed....

Anyway, in order to prevent the loss of my license, I have decided to get myself a lawyer for this one. And as luck would have it, my friend’s husband IS a lawyer, who has offered to represent me for free. In the dictionary this would be referred to as: Pro-Westchester.

For his troubles, I plan to send my friend's husband a REALLY great thank you gift, like a nice bottle of wine or a kegerator. You know, stuff lawyers use.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters