Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Past-due Weekend Update

Well heeeeelllllooooooo peeps-o-mine, thank you SO MUCH for reading my blog (note: as always, I will leave a check for you at the agreed upon location).

As I mentioned last week, I spent my weekend visiting good friends Jazzy A, Peppermint Patty, and F'n Early in the Windy City. That's right, Chicago!

Friday, was very low-key with dinner and Borat***.

Then on Saturday me, Jazzy, Jazzy's Mom, Even Jazzier L, and Peppermint Patty headed over to the Ringling Brothers Circus to catch some DEATH-defying stunts and (hopefully) get cotton candy.

Upon entering the "big top"(Chicago's United Center), all I could think about was how cool it would be to work as a traveling carnie...or circus gypsy. Next thing you know, I decided I wanted to join the circus as well!

I thought about all the glamorous costumes I would get to wear as a circus gypsy and the illicit affairs I would have with the buff tumblers and male trapeze artists. Ah what a life that would be. The ONE wrinkle in my circus fantasy was that I could not, for the life of me, realistically figure out was what the hell I would DO for the circus. I am afraid of clowns, so that's out. Then there is my fear of danger-so any high wire/trapeze/pie throwing acts would be out as well. I guess I could work as a face painter...or mime....but I am not sure either of those jobs necessitates a glamorous costume-let alone a feather-laden head piece.


So my circus career was over before it began; which is just as well, because as it turns out, the circus is lame-and from the looks of things, there are hardly ANY cute circus gypsies.

Today I am finishing up my work so I can take the Friday off. My plan for tomorrow's Thanksgiving celebration is to eat until my belly is full, to play about 5-minutes of football with my brothers before I get cold and retire into the house for more TV, and to take long, unchecked naps whenever it occurs to me. Thank God for food-centric national holidays!

***"Jak sie masz!" The much-hyped Borat was indeed a funny flick; however, there is no reason to drop $10 to see it on the big screen. My recommendation to you would be to wait for it to come out on video.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Beth Danae said...

I want to see Borat but it wont be in HK til NEXT MARCH! SO few movies make it here and those that do are late in coming. With all the skits/extra clips Sasha is doing in character for this movie I'll probably feel like I've already seen it come March 2007.

Sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters