Friday, August 04, 2006

European Update!

Hello from Florence, Italy.

Ok, I will admit....maaaaaybe promising one update a country was a little beyond the scope of my traveling capabilities; however, rather that crying over spilled milk, let's get right to the update, because it's £5 an hour and I only have 30 minutes left. BOO. ( Not to worry, I promise a much, MUCH better update when I get back!)

So far, Peppermint Patty and I have traveled to Barcelona and Sevilla, Spain. And man was that amazing. Although I must admit, knowing any Spanish at all is a huge blessing as many people we encountered in these cities had a very "loose" grasp of English. And when I say, "loose," of course what I really mean, is no grasp at all. Luckily, I am a stellar Spanish wiz...and despite having a VERY shallow grasp on vocabulary, verb tenses and general phrasing...I was able to get us through.

Today, after a lengthy flight from Sevilla to Milan (a hefty £100 fine for Patty's overweight luggage) and a 2 hour train ride through the Italian countryside, we are now in Florence. So far, we have only had time for one VERY delicious meal and to gaze longingly into the windows of shops long since closed for the day. But tomorrow we will start strong with a visit to the Accademia Museum and a viewing of Michelangelo's David.

Overall, it has been the most amazing trip of my life and it is not even half over. After Florence it is on to Rome, then Athens, Santorini, and Crete.

Thanks for checking in, and hopefully I will have something more for you very soon!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Beth Danae said...

Sounds awesome. Italy is high on my list of place to visit next. I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute of your vacay!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Bruce Dierbeck said...

Florence, Italy in particular is high on my "must see before I die" list ... so I have tourist envy, right now!

I better see pictures when you get back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters