Sunday, August 27, 2006

The best European slideshow...EVER

Before I set off on my grand European adventure with good friend Peppermint Patty (and later, Patty's Law School buddies Angela and Michelle), I promised you a full recap of all of my adventures as well as some great pictures. Well, as you may have imagined, I lied about that recap.

Now a full two weeks since our return, I have wanted to write about my trip almost as much as I did while I was on the trip (which may explain why my travel journal only chronicles the first 2 out of our 16-day vacation). But far be it from me to withhold the pictures from my adventure; because let’s face it, I am photogenic, and I want the world to know it. So here are some of the pictoral highlights from my vacation-I hope you enjoy them!

Let’s start this slide show off with a great shot of my head….in front of an artistic photo of Sevilla’s famed cathedral, La Giralda. This magnificent "church" sits in the center of the city’s historic Santa Cruz neighborhood, and is a real joy to behold (especially after sunset).

Next we move on to Italy, and of course, the Roman Colosseum. When the guards weren’t looking, I cleverly managed to repel into the pit of the ruins…this proved to be a somewhat foolhardy decision, as there were very few ways out of the pit that didn't require climbing and I have no upper body strength.


This is an entirely unrelated picture of a goon. He wasn't on our trip, but man is he funny to look at!

Below I am reenacting the famed scene from Audrey Hepburn’s popular film Roman Holiday, at “La Boca del Verita.” According to myth, if you stick you hand in the mouth of this statue and tell a lie, your hand will be bitten clean off your arm…. In the future, this will definitely make me think twice before offering false promises of trip recaps.


Soon it was on to Athens, and of course, the Parthenon. Here I am posing dramatically.


Finally, here is a picture of Peppermint Patty, myself, and trip late-comers Angela and Michelle before boarding a ferry boat back to Athens from Crete. You can’t tell from this vantage, but I was having a remarkable hair day!

As you might have guessed from these photos, Patty and I had an unforgettable trip-and created memories to last a lifetime. I am so thankful I had this opportunity to experience some of the world’s greatest cities, and that there was a doctor in Rome who was able to reattach my hand before the shock wore off.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters