Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Last King of Scotland...its not Hugh Grant, Part 2

America is founded on several important principals.

1. Freedom of speech
2. Right to bear arms
3. Freedom from tyranny-no matter your ethnicity, gender or religion
4. Free stuff in the mail if your blog gets more than 5 readers a day.

And it is that last principle, my fair readers, that I will be addressing, with great aplomb, today.

It all began when my mother dragged me to see a movie about genocide in Africa, when I was under the distinct impression that she was taking me to see a romantic comedy with Hugh Grant. What resulted was THIS POSTING, and a wicked hangover the following day.

Fast forward several weeks later: I am sitting in my cubi-cell picking my nose…I MEAN, working diligently, when I received an e-mail asking me to officially review the movie on Super Secret Rantings in exchange for a free DVD copy of The Last King of Scotland! No matter that I like to watch movies like Grease and Romy and Michelle’s Highschool Reunion in my down time-and will probably not be putting the film into my regular rotation. It is free, and damnit there are no journalistic ethics and/or principles I am not willing to break for free stuff.

As you might imagine, I will still write a helpful review (as I would never want to unwittingly send my 7 loyal readers into a movie as TERRIBLE as, say, Murder by Numbers). So please stay tuned for my official review of The Last King of Scotland...or just buy a few bottles of wine and rent it yourself-cause it really was a powerful movie...but you will def. want to drink after you watch it.

What a glorious way to start a work week!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This phrase, "...but you will def. want to drink after you watch it," got me thinking. Maybe you can compile a list of movies that I should drink during...I'd love to use it as justification.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters