Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thanks for the memories, even though they weren't that good.

One of my coworkers has hung a VERY large, very obnoxious rugby flag on the outer wall of his cubicle.

If you can, try to visualize this gigantic 5ft x 8ft yellow flag featuring bright green letters that I can't quite make out, and a huge green kangaroo in boxing gloves. In an office space built around the strict design principals of muted blues, worn-carpet red, and circa-1980's modern artwork, I can't help but feel a little disconcerted at this flag with a kangaroo staring me down every time I walk to the printer. Not since Coworker B's Siegfried & Roy picture box or boy Weeschester's N'SYNC painting have I been so offended by an office trinket.

So I ask you, should I (A) steal the flag under the cover of darkness and hide it so that it will never again be found. Or (B), leave a menacingly-anonymous note in the offending coworker’s cube asking that he PLEASE move the flag into his own cubicle so that I can walk to the printer in peace?

I mean seriously, who hangs a flag on the walls of their office? It’s not like it's our bedroom for gosh sakes. Cause if it was, don’t you think I would have set up that talking, life-sized cardboard cutout of Dr. Evil I acquired so many years ago?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Jules said...

Girl, you do NOT steal the Boxing Kangaroo! (which is not really a "rugby" flag, but the sporting flag for Australia, since our other flag sucks).

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Little Miss Westchester said...

Luckily for you and Australia, Miss Jules, I have neither the backbone, nor the disposition to actually steal a flag. Instead, perhaps I should just hide all of his writing utensils or glue his computer mouse to the top of his desk.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Hitler had a flag in his office. If you let that slip while in earshot of your coworker, I think he/she will take the flag down on their own. My vote is always for subtle manipulation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters