Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I Heart Ficticious Teenaged Wizards!

It is quiet now, and a seemingly-impenetrable darkness has fallen over the Westchester camp…a void, if you will. Sadly, this is an absence that cannot be filled by my usual delights (namely the makeup aisle at Walgreen's or anything with rhinestones). Nay, this new darkness has only one known cure namely: the July 31st release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the seventh and final book in the Harry Potter literary series.

Had you asked me just three months ago what all of the to do was concerning a boy named Harry and his precocious little friends-I would have tossed my head back, laughed in your face and chortled, "Little care I!"

I was innocent then. Unawares.

However, after a raucous debate with a few hearty Potter fans, I soon buckled to the endless appeal of that cruel mistress that is, peer pressure.....and J.K. Rowling.

Giving little thought to the 5 other books that lay ahead, I picked up Harry Potter, book one, and began my duel with pop culture. A duel that I was destined to lose.

Three months, and some-4,000 uninterrupted pages later, I have finished the existing Harry Potter books-and have now joined the ranks of J.K. Rowling's world-wide army of geeks. Oh J.K., the yarns you have woven are dancing circles around my easily-influenced, consumer-driven brain. I am putty in your hands, as my head is churning with frantic thoughts-thoughts that cannot be quelled until July 31st, 2007.

It is a cruel game you are playing J.K.-a game that you will surely win.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters