Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thumb wars.

Last night, in an early birthday celebration for Rachel California, some friends and I headed over to the Hi-Hat Bar and Lounge for dinner, drinks, and as always, respectful conversation. The night was lots of fun and the beer/wine/alcoholic beverages was flowing; so by the time I got home several hours later, I guess you could say I was sauced.

Like many of you, I don’t always make good choices when I have been drinking-case in point, last night’s decision to fry Chimichangas as a late night snack. As you would imagine, drunk people should not be permitted to operate a gas stove, let alone hot oil; a lesson I learned the hard way when, as I was quickly trying to serve up my warm cheesy snack, I lost my grasp of the frying pan sending hot oil flying every where, including onto my unsuspecting thumb.

Poor little thumb-you never saw it coming….and now you have a little burn bump that is sore and makes you look ugly. The chimichanga didn’t even taste that good-although I am not sure if that was because I didn’t include the right ingredients in it or because of the scent of burning flesh hanging so lightly over the room….I guess we will never know.

My thumb, understandably upset.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters