Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sometimes Little Miss Westchester can be "Insensitive"

There are a couple of things happening at my office right now that are really bothering me; and frankly, I can’t be silent about it any more.

1. First off, “Coworker D” is wearing a kerchief. A KERCHIF! For God’s sake, will someone tell that woman how to dress! She is 30-something, and we are in an office, not a dairy farm. Lord give me patience.

Kercheif Reenactment:

Note: No plactic showroom dummies were harmed during the course of this reenactment.

2. Also, despite the fact that I am not a smoker and I despise the smell of cigarettes, I do understand what it is to have an addiction and I am therefore sympathetic to the smoker’s plight. Be that as it may, there is a section of smokers in my department that all sit near one another; and as a result, that area of the room smells like an old ash tray. It is just gross-and I am seriously considering walking over there and dousing them with a bottle of Febreeze…would that be crossing some line of office etiquette? I will check the company handbook.

Anyway, I just needed to vent.

P.S. If anyone would be willing to come to my office and snatch that ugly rag off D’s head I would be willing to reward them dearly; not only with affectionate hugs, but also with my true admiration and a showing of unbridled glee.

4 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Beth Danae said...

I would offer to give a shot at grabbing the kerchief is Wisconsin wasn't so DANG far away..

The price of being ahead of the rest of the world, fashion wise...

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Bruce Dierbeck said...

Now, last year you said Coworker D broke out the pigtails -- was it with yarn? Use of yarn is a pigtail dealbreaker. Unless you're 6 years old and named Gertie, you can't get away with Yarn-tied pig tails. Especially in the office. As far as the kerchief -- peasant skirt included? Based on the answer, I may be able to predict her next three out-there-outfits, which will enable you to begin running an office pool, betting which she breaks out first >:-)

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Little Miss Westchester said...

To the 2 B's:

It is indeed a burden to be ahead of the world, fashion wise, and otherwise; however, I must push forward and survive for the good of my 7 loyal readers.

Let it also be known that while Coworker D did not wear a peasant skirt on the kercheif day in questions-she has been known to break one out on other days-which is cause for additional concern.

Bruce- in predicting future D-outfits, it may be helpful for you to keep in mind that D is pregnant-so perhaps you will need to factor this into the equation.

Thanks for your postings!

As always, LMW

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Bruce Dierbeck said...

Preggers definitely adds a wrinkle to things. No matter, she will soon break out the pink J-Lo hat in due time. I would've said that if she wasn't pregnant, but now that she is, I say it even more so now than before. And people will think I'm way off mark with this next one, but she will try to go pregnant conservative one day and sport the Pilgrim/Nun medley ensemble. I'll save the exact Capri pants description I had deduced, for after she gives birth. Let the office pool begin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters