Friday, February 29, 2008

I told a GIANT lie....

You fools, there was no lie (unless you count excuses I have used to get out of manual labor, or the pledge I made to myself to stop eating cheese)! That little ruse was just one of the many clever tricks I use to get you to keep reading my blog-and you fell for it! WAH ha ha ha ha!

Anyhow, I wanted to tell you about a movie I have fallen in love with by the name of Eagle vs. Shark. The perfect blend of Napoleon Dynamite’s cinematic quirkiness and Welcome to the Dollhouse’s angst (two movies I also enjoyed)-Eagle vs. Shark charts two social outcasts' efforts to fall in love and do it.

With a cast and soundtrack made up of New Zealand's finest, the movie stars Flight of the Conchord’s Jermaine Clement in the not-so-titular role of Jarrod, and Loren Horsley as the film’s tongue-tied heroine Lily. I like this movie because it is not your typical romantic comedy. The characters are often unattractive and usually wearing something out of a Richard Simmons' video.


In short, Eagle vs. Shark is not The Notebook; but, that's fine by me. Who wants to see good looking people fall in love anyway? Not me! I would rather sit through another one of my grandma's very-detailed accounts of what she put on the sandwhich she made herself for dinner last night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters