Friday, May 11, 2007

Squirrels: 0, Little Miss Westchester: 1

As you know by now, I hate squirrels. They are annoying, strangely aggressive, and they have pointy teeth (see: Top Three Fears_Vampires); which was why I was both thrilled (and disgusted) to discover a dead squirrel lying on the ground near my apartment building the other night.

Thrilled, because that is one less squirrel that I have to worry about jumping on my head from some dastardly perch in a tree; and disgusted, because well, the dead squirrel was missing its head. Its little body frozen in what I would image was the grips of terror (although I can't be sure, because there was no head, and thus no facial expressions upon which I could base these claims).

Ultimately, I can't be sure how the little guy met his (very-timely) end-but my gut tells me it had something to do with another animal removing its head. Well that, or the deceased read my blog and was so overwhelmed by my distaste for his species that his head just kindof popped off and rolled away.

Either of these seems like a realistic scenario-so I guess we will have to chalk this up as just another one of the cosmos’ great mysteries-fated to remain unsolved.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TWO THINGS:
1. If it didn't have a head, how could you be so sure it was a squirrel?
2. Weren't the squirrels in B-town sooooo fat? Funny story about that... One time, I was sitting on a bench, and saw one of those ginormous squirrels running across the street with AN ENTIRE BAGEL IN HIS MOUTH!!! Perhaps, the squirrel in front of your apartment TRIED to eat a whole bagel, like his Indiana relatives, but was of a normal size, and so his head exploded when he tried to consume a whole bagel in one bite! Did you ever think of that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters