Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's not me, it's you.

Last night my latest crush "friended me."

"friended (verb) : When a girl or boy you have been on a few dates with decides they just want to be friends. Once you are 'friended.' you are not allowed to be romantically interested in them. Friending can appear to happen without warning." (Urban Dictionary)

This serves as a sad little end-of-the-week blow to yours truly's otherwise grandiose ego.

Never mind that the guy made widely close minded remarks on our first date declaring that he would never date a person of my political persuasion, or that he liked to interrupt me when I was weaving one of my famously entertaining yarns.

The fact of the matter is, that I did not have any say in the matter-and that disappoints me.

On another note, I have 5, count them, FIVE spider bites on my left leg-does this mean I am going to get super powers? Because, in the event that I DO get powers, I will probably have to take the contents of this blog in a slightly different direction. For example, rather than agonizing over my latest crush or whether or not a squirrel is going to ambush me from a tree above my head- I will have to change my approach to topics addressing new concerns; namely, the everyday hassles of a person with superpowers.

For starters, how can I harness my super powers to see maximum results from exercising without having to put forth maximum effort? Is there a way these new powers of mine can ensure that only the best spam e-mails make their way into my e-mail inbox? Should I change my blogging tag from Little Miss Westchester to SUPER Little Miss Westchester? How about a discussion about how my new cape looks better with sneakers rather than the typical female super hero boots! Then there will be the inevitable diatribes regarding my efforts to find new ways to use rhinestones as weapons (in addition to their value in t-shirt making and arts and crafts projects).

Clearly, I have a LOT to think about.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters