Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dream a little dream 4

After a long day pretending to work, sleep always comes easy to this weary blogger.

My head hits the pillow and I am down for the count, slowly falling into a deep and dream-filled sleep.

Like you, I spend my nights in a dream world where I have the power of flight, and enjoy sunny afternoons soaring high above the clouds in an effortless journey into the sky. Other nights my entire town has been overrun by vengeful zombies/creepy government agents/merciless vampires; and somehow, I am the last surviving townsperson yet to be eaten/made to work in a polling station/turned into a vampire.

I realize this is all typical dream stuff, really. Although, I am not sure which of those dreams is less realistic: the idea that I would be able to fly, or that I would somehow be the last living survivor of a battle against some dangerous threat to society? Something tells me I have a better chance of sprouting wings from my spinal chord than ever living to see the end of a war against the supernatural, but you never know.

Lately, however, my dreams have taken a turn for the seriously boring, and it is really beginning to depress me! Last night, for example, I spent the better part of the evening encased in a dream that featured your’s truly reorganizing a medicine cabinet. That’s it. That was my dream. I was in a bathroom, reorganizing the shelves of a medicine cabinet.

What the hell am I going to do about all of these delusions of grandeur of mine, if I can’t at the very least live the life of a famous/interesting person while I am asleep?

Stay tuned for an exciting follow-up post detailing the ancient and fabled art of choosing the right shelving paper…..

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is hilarious, very well written.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters