Monday, March 05, 2007

Extreme times call for extreme measures.

For some time now I have been speaking out against squirrels. This may not always be the popular opinion and it is certainly not the R.C. (Rodently Correct) stance; but I am glad to see that I am not alone. As we all know, I need constant positive reinforcement-which was way I was so thrilled to learn about THIS movement in Santa Monica, California.

Apparently, in attempts to get a handle on the unnervingly fast-growing squirrel population, the local government has proposed a solution that would require all female squirrels to go on….wait for it…birth control! Not only will this work to limit squirrel babies, but the hormones will also quell erratic squirrel mood swings and late-night Nutter Butter cravings.

Now I would have suggested luring the squirrels onto a giant raft and then setting them adrift into the Pacific…but that solution is probably one of the many reasons why I would never win a spot in local government. Ultimately, you will probably have to read the article to get the details, but the highlight for me came in a quote from animal activist Catherine Rich.

"There is not a pressing threat of squirrels attacking people," Rich said, "so I don't know why the county is getting their panties in a bunch."

Ooooh Catherine, so deluded in your happy little Tofu-PETA bubble. No pressing squirrel attack? Are you nuts?!? They are just biding their time Catherine, biding their time.

CLICK HERE to read the entire story.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters