Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Happy holidays from Company X!

Late yesterday afternoon, Company X’s HR department announced our annual Holiday Cubicle Decorating contest. Composed on an e-mail bordered in festive garland, the contest’s only limitation called for all participants to decorate tastefully-and to keep any decorations within your designated work space.

When I came into the office today, I was delighted to see crystal candy bowls filled with chocolates popping up on every desk and colorful string lights and sparkling garland tastefully strung across cubi-cell walls.

It really is festive and fun…for the most part.

As you might imagine, one of my coworkers took the ground running with the holiday decorating assignment…and there doesn’t seem to be a finish line in sight.

I don’t mean to sound like a bitch here, but it seriously looks like Christmas just exploded in Coworker B’s cubi-cell. Not ONLY has she draped her cube walls in a thick garland of fake pine and ornaments, but she has also set up a large Santa (in addition to the fake puppy) on her desk; and, the last time I passed her cube, she was pulling another Christmas wreath out of a box.

I guess all I can do at this point is enjoy the fact that there is someone in the office who is stranger than I am; and, keep a fire distinguisher handy on the off-chance that Coworker B’s holiday spirit spontaneously combusts.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters