Monday, July 03, 2006

Working

There is only one thing that is cooler than a national holiday on a Tuesday; and that, of course, is having to work on the Monday between the weekend and said holiday.

That’s right; Little Miss Westchester is stuck in the office today with nothing but her thoughts and a few random co-workers to keep me company. Well enough of that, let’s focus on the positives. I had a very nice weekend filled with friends, and maybe (strike that, definitely) one too many Miller Lites.

On Friday, as you may recall, I hosted my very first dinner party; and from the many requests for my squash and zucchini gratin, I would say that the recipe was a smash hit.

Saturday was also filled with fun, as I spent the better part of the afternoon lounging by the pool with Moody St. Claire and her boyfriend, Security Steve. In addition to reading every magazine I own and trying my darn-dest not to burn (apparently SPF 30 and t-shirt are STILL not sufficient coverage to keep me from singeing), I got into a heated conversation with Steve over which of us could swim the farthest underwater. The debate never extended beyond just that; however, as both Steve and I were too lazy to ever get out of our lounge chairs. So for now, our grandiose claims will remain untested, and life will go on as it always does, while just another great mystery remains unsolved.

On Saturday night I met up with new friends Rainbow Brite and Shy Violet at the BBC for some grub, before heading to Summerfest to catch The Gufs with Darling Peterson and Petal Personality. The show went really well (despite the rain) and I had a really nice time.

The highpoint of the weekend came on Sunday when some friends and I went boating on Lake Michigan before catching Nine Inch Nails at (you guessed it) Summerfest. Some might say that this weekend’s combination of friends and fun was unbeatable…but something tells me that there are more adventures in store for your own Little Miss Westchester.

Oh yes, something indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters