Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Birthday Report

This weekend, I celebrated my 26th birthday with some of my closest friends. I had a great time, and while there was a recognizable difference between the veracity of this year’s celebration, as compared to that of my 22nd birthday-it was still a complete and utter blast.

On Friday night, Beaker Callahan and I checked out the new Luke Wilson/Uma Thurman movie My Super Ex-Girlfriend. Now, would I agree with Beaker’s synopsis that it was, “the worst movie I ever saw?” Maybe. Going in, I had high hopes for the flick whose premise involved a likeable guy who is forced to breakup with his crazy girlfriend, who also happens to have super powers. Needless to say, the crazy super ex does not take the break up well and goes all out to inflict the Luke Wilson character with some very potent revenge. Ha ha, ha ha. Right.

Watching this crazy chick inflict massive and unnecessarily harsh revenge on an otherwise likeable character was hard to watch. Plus, the acting was bad, the editing sloppy, and the ending was lame. So basically, what I am really trying to say is the movie was not good…at all.

Then on Saturday, I met up with my friends at Wisconsin’s Lakefront Brewery to partake in one of the better brewery tours around. Basically, $5 gets you a tour of the brewery, a kick ass souvenir glass, and four frothy beers. The tour itself is missable-but the beer tasty. So if you are in Wisconsin and looking for a fun little Saturday with the missus, I would highly recommend Lakefront. Next, it was on to Roots for some delicious dining and unbelievable Blueberry, Chocolate Mojitos.

The highlight of the meal came when Laney LaRue’s uncle Vince presented me with this giant present wrapped in silver paper. Trying to mask my utter glee, I tore open the box and giddily dug through the colorful tissue paper inside in a desperate attempt to find my prize. About half way down, I began to doubt that there was anything in the box at all, and paused to tell the group about a similar incident in Westchester family lore-involving a poorly-executed prank on Christmas morning that went horribly array, and left my youngest brother in tears.

After an assurance from Vince that there was indeed something inside, I continued digging until I uncovered a small silver box with a necklace inside. And oh, how we laughed and laughed. Then, after my girlfriends and I posed for some pictures from inside the giant box, we settled up the bill and moved on the Red Light.

5 beers, 3 lemon shots, and 3 Mojitos later, I crawled home and slipped quietly, but not-so gracefully into bed. It had been a long night, and this birthday girl was tuckered out.

As you would imagine, Sunday started slowly. But after a warm breakfast and fun-filled day at the pool with Hope Valentine, I am ready to start another year, slightly older, and maybe, just a little bit wiser.

26 may not be a multiple of my lucky-number 5; however, if it is anything like 25, we are all in for a wonderful treat!

1 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Bruce Dierbeck said...

Sure, 26 isn't an exact multiple of 5, but it is an exact multiple of 5.2 ... which is close to your lucky number, and if you drop the decimal and flip the numbers around, that gives you 25 ... which was a good age for you, as you said. And then, if you take that number, and run a blue forty-two slant to the left side behind your fullback ... being sure your tight end and wide receiver make their blocks, you can make a cutback and see daylight clear through to the end zone.

Sorry, getting ready for Fantasy Football ... I'll retreat back to the nerdery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters