Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Public Service Announcement

I think it would be fair to say that most people (singles and committed people alike) have secret “check lists” about the kinds of things they are looking for in a significant other.

There are the things you definitely need in order for the relationship to even make it out of the gate (must understand my sense of humor and laugh often); then there are those attributes that you would REALLY prefer (have college education, and no prison record); and finally, there are those things that you cannot, will not, REFUSE to put up with. I call this last category, your “deal breakers.”

Last night I was talking with best pal Peppermint Patty about the kinds of things I look for in a boyfriend (don’t worry, I won’t list them all out here, because that would be boring, and frankly, it would take too long) and, per usual, the conversation eventually came around to the topic of my crushes of yore...and yesteryear. You know, the guys who I have been obsessing over (sometimes on this blog) but that never really materialized into anything more than a crush, because they were just-not-good-enough-for -me (translation: they were not interested in me and/or they did not respond positively when I told them I liked them).

It’s just as well though, those relationships probably wouldn’t have lasted anyway, because I am fairly certain that none of the guys religiously read this blog; and, as I have now determined, NOT reading Super Secret Rantings in an official Little Miss Westchester DEALBREAKER.

I spend a lot of time on this blog. It is my pride and joy! And if someone wants to date me, they had better be up on my latest postings and be prepared to ask me questions. In addition to reading it, they must also compliment the blog often, to me and to others while I am around.

I don’t care how “busy” you are, or that you are stationed in Africa and don’t have a computer. “Illiteracy” is also not an option.

This may sound ridiculous, but that is just how it has to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters