Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Nacho Libre: not the worst movie ever.

Speaking of movies, I completely forgot to mention that I went to see Nacho Libre this weekend with my mom and brother ….which probably gives you a pretty good idea of what I am about to say about the film overall.

As you may have read in other reviews, the film was kind of slow, and by no means did it “bring it” like the director’s first film, Napoleon Dynamite. Admittedly, there were some goofy moments that made me laugh and the cinematography was quirky and colorful; however, I would recommend NOT spending the $10 to see it in the theatre, because it just wasn’t a show stopper. Jack Black is funny I guess, but there were other things I would rather have been doing with my Sunday afternoon than watching him prance around in spandex.

But I wasn’t the only one there, so let me clue you in to my mom and brother’s reactions.

Upon leaving the theatre, my mom proclaimed Nacho as “the worst movie that she has EVER seen in her LIFE,” before going on to say that at least she “got a great nap out of it.”

(Disclaimer: You should know that my mom has a flair for the dramatic; i.e. the time she accused me of “killing my father” when I asked to go to a restaurant downtown for my birthday rather than a tried and true place in the suburbs. In other words, Nacho Libre wasn’t the WORST movie I have ever seen-nor do I think it was the worst movie my mother has ever seen; although I did see her napping, so that probably wasn’t an exaggeration.)

When asked what he thought of Nacho Libre, my brother simply said that it was, “alright.”

So there you go folks. Nacho Libre: not as good as Napoleon, but not the worst movie ever.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Beth Danae said...

"the time she accused me of “killing my father” when I asked to go to a restaurant downtown for my birthday rather than a tried and true place in the suburbs."

So funny...

As far as the director/writer... You gotta feel for him, he started out with such a hit, can he really improve on that? Hard to beat Napoleon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters