Monday, June 19, 2006

Flair for the melodramatic...

Is it just me, or is Rihanna’s newest hit, “Unfaithful” just a little over the top?

If you haven't heard it yet, here are a few choice excerpts from this uncomfortably-melodramatic ditty:

And I know that he knows I'm unfaithful and it kills him inside, to know that I am happy with some other guy. I can see him dying...

OR

Everytime I walk out the door I see him die a little more inside. I don't wanna hurt him anymore, I don't wanna take away his life, I don't wanna be...a murderer

AND the coup de grace:

I might as well take a gun and put it to his head, get it over with.”

Hmmm.

I mean, I realize this song is about Rihanna having an affair with someone other than her live-in boyfriend, and that it is a serious issue; but seriously. “I don’t want to be a murderer!”

Perhaps, “I don’t want to be viewed as a slut by my peers” would have been a safer bet.

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree-- the girl is only a teen-- way too melodramatic for her age. I almost threw up in my mouth when I saw her on Leno a couple of weeks ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters