Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Cooking for Dummies

I’m not what anyone would call “a good cook.” I don’t “know my way around the kitchen,” nor do I “have a good sense when dairy products have gone bad.” I also have a hard time “telling my ass from my elbow” (which doesn’t really have anything to do with cooking, but I wanted to save you the trouble of wondering).

So with all of this kitchen floundering you might be surprised to learn that when Peaches Wilson recently invited me to join her dinner club I answered with an enthusiastic “YES”! It’s not that anything has really changed in terms of my cooking “skilz,” but ever since my failed attempt to form an all girl band called the “Bracelets” in the second grade, I have had a hard time saying “no” to any kind of club that I am invited to join.

Now in my second month of club membership I have finally gotten bitten by the “Cooking is Fun Fairy" and am really excited for my upcoming turn to host and cook for the other members of Dinner Club. In addition to having enough plates and napkins to go around, my hosting duties require me to provide all elements of the meal except the dessert; and since this is the first time that I am making a meal that can’t center around quesadillas or Campbell’s Tomato soup, I have been eagerly scanning recipes online in search of the perfect summer dishes.

I don’t have a menu yet, but I am thinking it will all have something to do with Lettuce.

Any thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters