Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sunshine and Updates

It’s raining outside, a fact I was unaware of until a thunder clap literally shook my office building.


Apparently it has been raining for a while now, but I have been so buried by the walls of my burlap cubi-cell that it took something as bold as a building-shaking thunder clap for me to even notice.

Moving on, my sincere apologies for the lack of updates over the past few days; however, like many Americans I had the Memorial Day off from work (Translation: three-day weekend). As you may have inferred, I am back in the office and once-again forced to come to terms with the incredibly harsh reality of the first day back after a long weekend. I know, I know, I am being a little dramatic here; clearly there are plenty of other things that rank harsher than work after a three day weekend-like a flat tire in a blizzard, house fires, and Paris Hilton…..but those things aren’t happening to me right now, so I will continue to pout. That reminds me, I need renter’s insurance and some good disinfectant.

Anyway, it was a lovely weekend here in Milwaukee, and I had a great time. Some of the highlights included the Violent Femmes/Ben Folds’ pre-Summerfest concert at the brand new Miller Oasis. I won’t bore you with the details, but let’s just say I drank my weight in beer and woke up the next morning with red dots around my eyes.

Memorial Day was also fun, and I celebrated the extra day off by attending a picnic in the park with Moody St. Clair, her boyfriend Security Steve, and some other people who don’t have names on this blog. I left early, but I guess things took a turn for the worst when some drunk under-ager started to pee near our picnic table, facing the table. Moody was understandably pissed (heh) not only because the spectacle brought her face to face with the young man’s daddy-parts but also because he didn’t wash his hands and then touched the wieners and buns. It was traumatic and I am glad I wasn’t there.


But to end on a positive note, now that summer has officially begun, I can’t wait to get out my trusty tube of SPF 50 and celebrate. Snowflakes be damned, it’s swimsuit season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters