Thursday, February 09, 2006

Crush: more than just a delicious soda.

Speaking as an expert on the subject of the “unrequited crush,” I have noticed a pattern in my love life as of late, and I thought I would share it with you, my seven loyal readers.

Specifically, there seems to come a time during the natural progression of every one of my secret crushes when I come to the realization that the object of my affections is just “not that into me”; and, if I am lucky (and I am), this realization seems to always dawn on me around the major holidays or on my birthday.

Why is it I wonder, that my ability to objectively reason with myself is never as succinct as the times when there is a holiday approaching? Or that even the slightest promise of presents or merriment in the air can suddenly send a shock wave through my brain that is usually accompanied by a small metaphorical note reading, “It is time to move on.”

Anyway- I guess I was just wondering if this happens to anyone else.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Bruce Dierbeck said...

Holidays and birthdays are horribly good for that, I've noticed over the years. Doesn't help matters when there's holiday after holiday from about November through February. So, you're constantly in "group" situations, and if you are single, it just re-inforces any self-doubt that usually hides below the surface.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters