Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Happy Birthday Peppermint Patty!

Today is Peppermint Patty’s 25th birthday! Very seldom am I willing to jump out of a cartoon cake for anyone, so I hope you all appreciate it-plus it was stiflingly hot in there.



This weekend in celebration of Patty’s grand birthday I will head south of the border, the Wisconsin border that is, to Chicago. There I will attend Patty’s annual wine/cheese/ (and this year) chocolate party, where madness is sure to ensue.

Last year, after almost 11 straight hours of drinking and post-collegiate photo ops, I snuggled into bed at around 6 in the morning. When I woke up the next day (still hung over) at 4 PM, I vaguely remembered having an unforgettable night- but due to some equally unforgettable morning-after effects, I made a commitment to myself to make some changes for next year’s party.

So, that being said, this year I promise to wear a watch so that I do not unwittingly stay out until sunrise. Also, if the party does migrate from Patty’s apartment to one of Chicago’s lively Greek Town bars, I will also promise to try VERY hard to avoid going up on stage to dance with the traditional Greek folk bands; however, if I do end up going up on stage, I promise to wear shoes with a good grip on the sole, so that I won’t end up slipping and falling loudly on my ass during one of my elaborate free-style numbers…like last year.

Wish me luck!

Note: for the small faction of my “seven loyal readers” that I will be seeing this weekend-maybe you should make some calls around town and warn the traditional Greek folk bands….you know, just in case.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you LMW! However, I don't think that you should put limits on yourself. I have all the faith in the world that you can make even more outlandish memories this year...perhaps you could take a dip in the chocolate fountain ;)

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your flowing hair in thic pic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters