Thursday, December 01, 2005

I am a schmuck.

Somehow I have been put in charge of organizing this year’s holiday potluck for my department.

Despite what you might be thinking, I did not volunteer for the position, nor do I remember agreeing to do it. So I guess the other day, when I asked “Supervisor M” if we had it in the budget for a “holiday” pizza lunch, what M heard me say was, “I am anxious to be the person in charge of a potluck this year-please let me know when I can start planning.”

I think there is a lesson to be learned here boys and girls, that being: do not let your desire for free pizza distract you from your equally important desire to avoid extra work-ESPECIALLY when said work centers around the premise of coworker bonding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters