Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ho, Ho, Ho, Pimp!

Hello all, many apologies for my ridiculous lack of updates. Frankly, I have been too busy and uninspired to write-which is a reality I attribute to all of the additional crap I have had to deal with at the office (and when I say crap, what I am really referring to is yesterday’s departmental holiday potluck, which I got tricked into organizing.)

I guess it wasn’t all bad, after all, I did get to leave the office to go pick up the pizzas (no grilled chicken on my watch); and, it probably would not have been so stressful had I just gone to the Pizza Hut where I had placed the pickup order in the first place. However, I suppose that would have been too easy.

The words “horrified” and “panic stricken” would not begin to describe the emotions shooting through my brain as the pink/blue/purple-haired, middle-aged woman behind the counter told me she knew nothing about an order for 15 pizzas and suggested we try the Pizza Hut down the road (you see, in Wisconsin, there is a Pizza Hut on every corner). As she tugged thoughtlessly at the Live Strong bracelet around her wrist, I knew she meant business, so I grabbed my office helpers and we high-tailed it south for another 10 minutes, before arriving at the right Pizza Hut. After making my helpers promise to never speak of the incident again-I unlocked the doors and allowed them to run back into the office.

But that was yesterday, and this is today-and clearly, I am over it.

Having spent the past ten minutes staring at a picture of a deer that I cut out of a magazine and hung up in my cubicell, I am beginning to wonder if anyone would notice if I just left now.

Either way, happy holidays to my seven readers; and, as always, thanks for sticking with me through this creative slump. Hopefully there will plenty to talk about after Hope Valentine’s company holiday party on the 7th where the free booze will be flowin’ and I will be standing in as her (heterosexual friend) date.

1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMW,
I've been sticking with you through your creative slumps and low moments (i.e. wooden peg) since 2000. WTF? Credit where credit is due..

Love you,
S.H.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters