Friday, November 04, 2005

Working it out.

This weekend I am traveling south to the land of Chicago to celebrate the birth of my good friend and former roommate Jazzy A. Being a big fan of Jazzy’s I have been looking forward to this trip for some time now; not only because of the celebration that is sure to ensue, but also because I will also get to see my great friends Spanish Houlihan and Peppermint Patty.

It’s not that this has been a bad week, per say, but there have definitely been some moments which I am more than ready (nay, eager) to put behind me. For example, the less than stellar moment this Wednesday night when, after a long yet forgettable day’s work, I came face to face with one of my worst nightmares.

Fifteen minutes into my workout, I was just beginning to let go of some of the day’s stresses when, who should waltz into the gym, but “Supervisor K.” Confidently he skulked across the room searching for a free machine, ultimately settling on the elliptical machine directly behind mine. That was certainly one of the more awkward 45 minutes in my recent memory, with me desperately trying to avoid eye contact in the wall mirrors while at the same time silently cursing my cheap walkman for its inability to turn to a volume that could conceivably drown out the sounds of K’s heavy breathing.

To make a long story short (too late) I am really glad it’s Friday.

For your viewing pleasure, I have included this pictorial reenactment of Wednesday's gym fiasco. Please understand however, this is only a reenactment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters