Tuesday, November 15, 2005

When even the lunch break can't save the day.

Every day, with the exception of a few reprieves here and there, I eat lunch with a couple of girls in my department. They are nice enough, and I really have nothing bad to say about either; however, we have nothing in common except for the fact that we work for the same company.

Most days I am able to feign enthusiasm for their stories about window dressing and inside jokes they shared with their husbands-and sometimes I will tell them about my newest crush. But today I couldn’t even fake it. I just gazed past them out the window, carelessly chewing on my carrots and wishing the day was over.

It has been one of those weeks I think. I am not sure if my boredom stems from the ugly and inevitable approach of the season’s first snow, or because I am not getting enough sleep. Either way, I am glad it’s Tuesday, because that means I am almost half way to the weekend.



Quote from television’s The Simpons:

Duff book of records: Springfield is now the fattest city in the U.S.
Homer: “Woo Hoo. In your face Milwaukee.”

1 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Beth Danae said...

how unfortunate it is that we spend most of our time in life with people we don't even like. We don't get to pick our relatives or our co-workers, uggh.

*sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters