Monday, November 07, 2005

Chicago

Time for the recap!

In celebration of my good friend Jazzy A’s 25th birthday, I spent Saturday night in Chicago. I always enjoy these visits because not only does it give me a chance to see all my old college friends, but it also provides me with the perfect opportunity to try and bully them into reading this blog.

After two hours in the car and almost $200.00 dollars in tolls I finally arrived at good friend Spanish Houlihan’s apartment. After three hours giggling like schoolgirls, we left her pad to quickly stop by a going away party for old friend Joe Hollywood before hitting up Jazzy’s bash. Joe is a very talented actor who is leaving Chicago to pursue his acting dreams in, well, Hollywood. We will miss him, and I wish him the best of luck. Don’t forget Joe, once you are famous I am always available to walk the red carpet with you and to help you fuel the fires of tabloid fodder. I can see the headlines now: “Joe Hollywood seen break-dance fighting with mystery brunette in crowded subway station.”

After that bash, Spanish and I taxi-cabbed it over to Jazzy’s party at new Chicago hotspot McFadden's. The whole gang was there: Jazzy, Peppermint Patty, Fucking Early, Foxy Sunshine, Nurse Blondie and my new best friend Jen Scheft (of ABC’s The Bachelorette/ Bachelor fame, pictured left.) Jen was there with some friends, and for some reason she kept pretending that she didn’t know me, and even refused to give me a hug-she is such a kidder!



Anyway! We all had a great time dancing on the bar (not me so much as Jazzy A and Spanish), hitting our $30 dollar drink minimums, laughing at my jokes, and talking about how great my blog is (ok it was just me on that last one)….so when we finally got back to Jazzy’s place we were all tuckered out. Spanish and I crashed on the couch and immediately fell asleep. Sigh. The next day we had a reunion brunch at then it was time for me to head back to Milwaukee.

What a great weekend!


(The Birthday Girl in rare form. Happy 25th Jazzy!)

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is hilarious. The only reason I miss working in a cubicle is that I don't get to read this blog as often!

S.H.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT!?!?! You didn't put a smiley face over my head? Now everyone knows what Jazzy A really looks like. Whatever, I'm cool... Jen Scheft came to my birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters