Monday, October 31, 2005

The Usual Suspects

I have to start this post with a big shout out to my friends Stubby and Natalie, a big congratulations on your engagement!

And now, for the weekend update.

As discussed I took the day off from work on Friday with one Peaches Wilson. Together we escaped to the mall for six hours of ardent consumerism and then we took to the theatre to see The Weatherman starring Nicholas Cage and Michael Caine. It was a good flick, I guess, but a little depressing to say the least.

Later that night I hit the town with good friends Petal Personality and her husband Keanu Personality. We talked about love, life and Keanu's blockbuster turn in the feature film Chain Reaction starring Morgan Freeman and Rachel Weisz. That night I had a very strange dream about the horrific effects a bad batch of whitening gel had on a small town's eco-system.please don't ask.

Saturday came fast, and once again, the great pumpkin holiday was upon me. As with every year in Wisconsin, kids from all over the state came out with their best costumes and drank to their heart's...and stomach's content. (Exhibit A: Madison, Wisconsin)

In that tradition, my friends and I were not to be outdone. After extensive planning, we decided to go as the suspects from Clue, with your own Little Miss Westchester starring as the roguish Miss Scarlett. At 9:30PM sharp we gathered "in the hall" if the BBC for some "spooktacular" fun and ambitious binge drinking. Per usual, all of the usual suspects were there: Hope Valentine as Yvette the French Maid, Darling Peterson and her boyfriend Wakefield as Mrs. Peacock and Mr. Green, Petal Personality and her husband Keanu Personality as Mrs. White and Professor Plum, and newcomer Dr. Franklin Serious as a last-minute stand-in for Col. Mustard.



(Also in attendance were Flower Power , Security Steve, and Moody St. Clair-who was acting, well, moodily.)

After a few hours at the BBC we all headed to Mantra to dance the night away and to hopefully "scare up" some additional compliments for our costumes. Dr. Serious turned out to be a really nice guy with a great sense of humor, and subsequently I spent a large portion of the evening joking with him about the first time we met (a scene which involved him drunkenly trying to pet my hair) and discussing what it was like for him to grown up in Fargo.

Finally, as the clock struck bar time, we all headed back to our respective beds for a good night's sleep and hopefully dreams thatinvolveot inolve tooth whitening. I have to say, I really love my Clue friends, and this year's Halloween was really the best ever!

So now I am back in the office where I just had a very awkward conversation with "Coworker P." Here is an except from that talk:

LMW: "How are you feeling Coworker P? "
Coworker P: "Much better, I finally kicked that cold with the help of some very strong booze, and a lot of it."
LMW: (Not knowing just what to say at that point) "Well, salcohol alchohal is the best medicine I guess. "

Oh Mondays. What can you say about them really?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters