Monday, October 24, 2005

Are you there God, it's me Little Miss Westchester.

Famed WWE professional wrestler Nikita Koloff once said: "Remember where you have been and know where you are going." It is this sentiment, I believe, which led me to pick up my copy of Are You There God, its Me Margaret, last night as I tried to fall asleep in my old childhood bedroom in my parent’s suburban home.

Delving into such life-changing subjects as monthly cycles, bust enhancing exercises, and awkward unrequited crushes, I couldn’t help but think back to my own pre-teen years. Those awkward middle-school dances, the catty arguments where words like “four-eyes” were called upon at recess, and the secret societies where covert code names were assigned, and amidst a room full of Kimberly's and Tiffani’s, I somehow ended up with “Mavis.”

Why a woman of 25 wouldn’t have just looked a little harder for something to read? I wonder that myself. However, luckily, by page 58, I was sound asleep. And, as I floated through what I would imagine was a dream world of training bras and boy books, I remember feeling keenly aware of this inexplicable need to find my old retainer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters