Wednesday, September 21, 2005

When bad jobs happen to good people.

I have absolutely no work to do. So, like the good and brainwashed employee that I am, I have brought this matter to the attention of anyone who will listen. Today I got an e-mail from my supervisor about a new project he wants me to lead. I read through the forwarded message, and while it seems like a task that might be handled by someone with a COMPLETELY different job description, I am desperate, so I agree.

Later I get an e-mail from “Coworker J” which includes what seems to be the entire content of that original e-mail. Apparently, in an effort to dupe me into the job, “Supervisor K” deleted entire elements of the communication-and now I am stuck taking on this project which might be something better suited for a person in the web design department.

I could have sworn that when I applied for this job I was signing on to be a writer and not some “we were too lazy to develop your position so you can just do whatever jobs we can’t stick on anyone else” person.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Beth Danae said...

I hate it when people delete parts from email trails--that's so manipulative.

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your posts, but I suppose if you did you would've enabled the no comments allowed feature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters