Thursday, September 22, 2005

Secretary Blues

Today I began work on this BS project I was just assigned which really has little or nothing to do with my job description. Despite my complaints, I am O.K. with it, because it sure beats staring at my hands all day.

In order to begin this new task I had to make a few calls to our outside advertising agency and find out exactly how this whole thing was going to work. After I finished answering their questions about why I had been given the assignment, and how, yes, I understand that this is not something that would normally fit under my job description; I managed to get all of the answers to my questions. Once I got off the phone I went over to “Supervisor K’s” cubicle to update him on all that I had learned.

After the debriefing, K asked me to type up an e-mail explaining the project so that he could send it to one of the higher ups and get some feedback about our technology limitations and whether this whole ordeal…I mean project is even possible.

I told him that I would do my best (this, of course, not being the first letter I have written for the man) and that I would send him the finished product so he could make any necessary tweaks. I joked it was probably better if he sent the e-mail to the higher up anyway, because they would see an e-mail from me, think “Who the hell is Little Miss Westchester,” and then just delete it. Then I remarked that I assumed he didn’t want me closing the letter with a “Love, Supervisor K”.

And oh how we laughed and laughed at that one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters