Monday, September 12, 2005

The importance of using protection....

In a proactive step to combat hackers, my company requires even the lowest of peons on the corporate ladder to change their network passwords every 30 days. In addition to that maddening time limit, the new password can not be any of the passwords you've used in the past- and it must have at least one capital letter and one number.

So much for 1,2,3,4,5.

But anyway, I guess I can sort of see the urgency surrounding the protection of MY computer. One can only imagine the chaos that might follow a security breach on the Word documents containing the hotel descriptions I have written.

First the power would probably go out throughout the building, then maybe someone would find out that the only place my company has ever sent me to "see" these places has been online. And once that gets out, well, it's only a matter of time before the planet spontaneously combusts.

See we're doing our part to save the environment after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters