Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Good Day/Bad Day-how quickly the tides have turned.

I am very, very angry right now.

This morning I woke up with a smile on my face and a skip in my heart. Not because anything particularly wonderful has been going on, but I was having a nice morning.

Last night I had thought that I had dinner plans with Captain No Skills (who has been in town these past few days before he ships off to Hawaii) and in order to honor those plans I even passed up a last-minute invitation to go to the Brewers/Cubs game. So, when I never heard from him, I assumed the plans were for next week and went on with my evening. I even felt a little silly that I called him three times and left a message asking where he was.

This morning, as I was coming out of the PDQ where I get my coffee I noticed a flashing red light on my phone. It was a message from the Captain.

I called him back to tell him about last nights mix up, and was "delighted" to learn that indeed, last night was the night we were to go to dinner, and he had just never bothered to call because he thought that I would call him when I wanted to go.

Trying to maintain my cool I mentioned that I had called him, several times, and I even left a message. He said he never got it. I then argued that we had made plans for 8 PM, and audibly wondered why he hadn't just called me on his own. (It's not like we have been friends for five years or anything and it would be weird for him to call). I won't even bother transcribing his excuse for that here, because it was just too lame.

Needless to say, this is the second time in a month that I have passed on a date because I had standing plans with a friend, only to have that same friend turn around and cancel/bail on me.

This is now one of my top pet peeves. You have been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters