Thursday, August 11, 2005

Mommy dearest

Recently, I interviewed for another position within my company, and, upon hearing I would get a second interview, I immediately called my parents to let them know the great news.

They were very supportive and we all talked about the possibilities that this new role might bring.

Several days passed, and I again called my parents, this time with the hopes of talking with my dad about ways of handling salary negotiations. My mom picked up the phone and after we said our hellos she not-so-subtly brought up a concern she had with my possible new job.

“Little Miss Westchester,” she said, “I was thinking (I should have known at that point that I was in trouble), with this new job you will have to work a lot longer hours and I just want you to make sure that you are going to make an extra effort to keep going to the gym.”

After an awkward pause, I replied, “Mom, could you please put Dad on the phone.”

1 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...

Good luck with job interview!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters