Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Caffeinated Ambush

This morning marked another benchmark in my long-running tradition of social ineptitude.

As I was pulling into the parking lot of the grocery store where I buy my daily caffeine fix, I noticed a girl in a bright pink shirt making her way towards the entrance of the store. At first glance I thought nothing of it, but upon a second look I saw (to my absolute horror) that the girl was in fact Chatty Batty, one of THE most annoying girls from my high school.

Clearly, I couldn’t just leave without my coffee, but I also didn’t want her to see me and risk getting stuck in a lengthy conversation about her accomplishments and blossoming relationship with a law student she met in college. SO, being the mature, quick- thinking girl that I am, I hid. That’s right, I hid. I quickly ducked into the chips and dip aisle, with my face pressed closely to a bag of pork rinds while my eyes stayed glued to the security mirror above.

Patiently, I bided my time until Chatty moved away from the coffee dispensers and cream and sugar station-this of course was not until after she had a short talk with the bakery staff about her favorite types of cream filling and how her boyfriend got her a bagel the other morning.

Another conversational catastrophe avoided.


(I couldn't find any photos of an adult hiding behind snack foods....so, you will just have to use your imagination on this one.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters