Monday, July 11, 2005

Weekend Update

When you work in an office and yet you have no authority, things can get pretty dicey.

Did I say dicey? I meant annoying as shit!

While I am trying very hard to break from my habit of emotional eating, there's nothing like a pack of Peanut M&M's to take the edge off of these tediously difficult in-office situations.

Specifically, I gave 'Coworker A' a deadline on June 10th, but she has yet to get that information to me. And what can I do about this? Well, nothing because she is a manager and I am a poorly-paid underling.

Thursday night I hit the town hard with Hope and my good friend Flower Power in tow. First we went to the Pixies/Weezer show at Summerfest, and then Flower followed up the show my frequenting a few bars about town. We started in the beer garden at McGillicuddy's. Normally, I wouldn't be caught dead on Water Street (because it is a sausage fest filled with drunken frat dudes and dumb skanks); however, my friend Moody was there with her boyfriend Security Steve so I decided to make an exception. While at Mc'G's, I ran into some guys from my fall kickball team who said I looked good, and I of course agreed. I then joined my friends for some dancing and chatting.

Across the bar I spotted this guy who is friends with one of my work buddies. He is really cute, but totally conceited. Maybe I gave him the 'eye' anyway....but just for practice.

On Friday, I took the whole day off. Then I made it a Blockbuster night and watched Hitch, Dirty Shame, and one of my favorites, Clue.

Then on Saturday, after watching Clue again(for the 4th time in 2 days), I went browsing with my friend Moody St. Claire down Brady St. I bought a purse and then we had lunch at this burger joint Bella's Fat Cats. I had a cheeseburger (which wouldn't be significant had it not caused me extreme distress later).

Fast forward to later that evening: I head over to Red Light with Moody, Hope Valentine, and one of Moody's coworkers. No sooner had I downed one beer that I felt overcome with dizziness. We had ordered a cheese platter to nosh on (because, as anyone can tell you, that's all we eat here in Wisconsin) but that made little difference because I felt like I was going to vomit and cheese is not on the short list of stomach soothers.

So I walked home....quickly (because I am way too cheap to get a cab, even when I am nauseous) and I made it home just in time. That's all I will say about that.

Sunday my tummy ached, so I retreated to the suburbs to watch tv, cuddle with my dog and hang out with the fam.

Overall this weekend was really BO-ring. So next weekend Hope and I have committed to painting the town red. Which translates to more booze, hopefully less nausea, and (fingers crossed) some attractive gentlemen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters