Friday, July 29, 2005

T.G.I.F.

Friday mornings in the work place can either be a triumphant acknowledgement that you have almost made it through another week in the proverbial “coal mines” or an experience some might liken to the sound of fingernails scratching slowly down a chalkboard. During kickball season, it is almost certainly the latter-however, today I am just glad I survived this week.

Last night Hope Valentine, Security Steve and I met up with Moody St. Clair at the grand opening of Milwaukee’s first Sephora in Mayfair Mall. The store was offering 20% off on all purchases and I was like a kid in the candy store at the prospect of such a hardy discount. Sadly, I wasn’t alone, and the women around me were acting like a bunch of rabid monkeys. Hope was nearly trampled by a pregnant woman with a stroller and I got some kind of an allergic reaction on my hand from this lip-plumping gloss.

Needless to say, we made it out alive and quickly headed home to get ready for a night on the town. Lance Friendly invited us to meet up with his crew at this piano bar in the 5th Ward. We took (what turned out to be) an $8.00 cab ride downtown and spent the rest of the night listening to the bar’s very white pianist perform moving renditions of songs ranging from Seals and Croft’s “Summer Breeze” to Outkast’s “Caroline.” I wasn’t so sure about his future in the rap genre, but Hope and I giggled over the prospect of requesting “College Girls are Easy” or better yet, "Gimme that Nut." Ah youth.

Anyway, around 1AM Hope and I decided to be responsible and go home. But since there are like NO cabs in the 5th Ward, we decided we would just walk home. And what a walk it was.

This morning I work up feeling strangely un-hung-over, although my feet and ankles were unreasonably sore and twice their usual size.

Today I came in to work to find three cards on my desk waiting to be signed and a note from one of my coworkers claiming that I made an egregious error scribing her name in the wrong place on my department’s “Wall of Fame.” Glad to be back in the office.

(Available in magnet form at www.allposters.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters