Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Quarter-life crisis my ass!

Tomorrow I turn 25.

I believe it was Mayer who once sang, “Might be a quarter-life crisis.”

And rightly so.

Today my ole’ pal Spanish Houlihan and I exchanged a flurry of e-mails addressing this very issue and I admitted to her that I have made some important decisions regarding my life’s second quarter. Now that they have appeared in e-mail format, I can’t see the harm in also revealing them here.

Resolutions for the next 25 years:

1. Try not to get pregnant out of wed lock.

2. Work hard to maintain positive attitude-keeping the glass half full at all times.

3. Try to make eye contact with people and give them a friendly smile rather than immediately looking at feet or at the fascination lighting fixtures on the ceiling.

4. Fight against knee-jerk reaction to respond to male glances with a shocked, deer-in-headlights look of confusion/fear.

5. When making eye contact with YMCA crush, try not to unconsciously glare.

6.Try not to drool when secretly checking out YMCA crush at bench press.

7. Stop being so hard on self.

8. Spend less time at work looking at celebrity gossip web-sites...... eh who am I kidding..... just try to spend a little more time working.

9. Find a fulfilling job that pays more (but does not require me to sleep my way to the top).

10. Try not to be so outwardly hostile towards people I hate…


I think these 10 are a good starting point. I make this commitment to me and my 6 (or so) loyal readers, that I plan on really trying to be more positive in life. I will start tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to add, "Make determined efforts to improve spelling/decrease spelling errors."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters