Friday, July 15, 2005

No cake walk.

It’s not even noon and I have already downed 2 Advil, chugged a can of Diet Coke and rapidly consumed a piece of sugary vanilla cake all in a desperate attempt to maintain my sanity and thwart a looming migraine headache.

You may be wondering, why on a Friday morning I am already so racked with panic and mental anguish. Well, because I am working on a suck-all new project that is so detail-oriented that I have to keep going back to redo work and fix minute problems.

Another reason for the pre-noon cake fix is that because this project is so important the higher ups are requiring me to keep track of what I am doing every minute of the day so they will know how long this project is going to take. So far the time-tracking reads as follows:

7/15/05

9:50-10:52 AM Redoing work from 7/14 to include changes proposed by P.Wilson.
10:52-11:18AM Resumed drafting Templates for HR Newsletters, Short break to get piece of cake.
11:18-11:20AM Updating Template Code # TPS3
11:20-11:21AM Updating Template Code # TPS4
11:21-11:22AM Updating Template Code # TPS5
11:22-11:23 UpdatingTemplate Code # TPS6 and TPS7

11:23-11:26AM Updating template for MDB3-7
11:26-11:29AM Updating MAB3-7
11:29-11:45……..checking e-mails?


I can tell already this whole day is going to just continue to bite.

Luckily this weekend plans have changed and I am now heading down to Chi-town U.S.A. to visit my old college buddies Spanish Houlihan and her husband G.I. Joe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters