Monday, July 25, 2005

Case of the Mondays.

Sometimes I catch myself singing Lil’ Kim’s classic tune “How Many Licks?” while I am at work. However, by the time I hit the seventh word in the first verse, I am quickly reminded how entirely inappropriate it is for the workplace….well anyplace really, so I always have to stop singing.

And now for the weekend update.

On Friday I went with Peaches Wilson and my friend and co-worker Lance Friendly for some dinner and drinks. After dinner we hit up the Nomad and Hi-Hat where we bonded over stories of childhood head injuries and shared phobias. It was great fun.

Saturday started early as Hope Valentine and I drove through the rain to meet my old college friends (Spanish Houlihan, Peppermint Patty, and Jazzy A) at one of America’s greatest water parks: Noah’s Ark! It was a fairly uneventful drive until a larger black bird flew right into my windshield. After I stopped screaming, Hope and I found solace in the gentle back and forth rhythm of the windshield wipers and the sound of the washer fluid jetting out over the window. (Luckily, there was very little gore, feathers, or blood on the car-at least nothing the rain and windshield wipers could not remedy.)

The whole day was great and after an initial flash thunderstorm blew over, Hope and I took great delight in going down several of the older slides around 10 times in a row. In an effort to keep things new and interesting, I started yelling oddly obscene phrases as we slid down the slides. It was magical.

After we all drove home we quickly got ready and hit the Hi-Hat so my friend Peppermint Patty could meet up with one of her old college friends who recently moved into the city. He was very drunk, but bought us beers-so no complaints here. After only a short while we decided we were just too tired to stay out and we all went home for a good-natured naked pillow fight…..JUST KIDDING!

We fell right asleep.

Sunday came a little too early for me when the girls were up bright and early to start their drive home. So I walked them out and then went back to bed. When I finally woke up I quickly got ready and then made my way up to the folks house in the burbs where I settled down in front of the TV for some mind-numbing entertainment and air-conditioned bliss.

I hate Mondays.

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Witches Teat!

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny because I used to run into the same problem with Nelly's "It's getting Hot in Here"...

The 65 yr old lady I used to work with didn't like when i told her to "take off all her clothes"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters