Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Seasoned Italian Gravy.

I regret to report that I have now had my first true look into the darker side of city living.

Running early for work for once, I had a skip in my step as I walked to my car-innocently unaware of the horrific scene that awaited me there.

I knew something was wrong when I caught a waft of seasoned beef floating through the thick summer air. Then as I approached my car it dawned on me that something just wasn't right. There, all over the front of my OLDsmobile was a thin brown substance-peppered with thick white chunks of something(I made an executive to decision not to get any closer, after all, some mysteries are best left unsolved). Sigh.

So I get in my car, jacked up the air-conditioning and drove to work- grumpy that I couldn't roll down the windows for fear of getting a white chunk in my hair, or worse, a bit of seasoning on my arm that would not mix well with my floral perfume.

As soon as I got to a gas station, I flew into action-time now being of the essence. Using the squeegee I methodically washed the goo off the front of my car. And it was there, tucked under a windshield wiper that I found the evidence that was to "blow the top"(for lack of a better phrase) off of the contents of the secret sauce.

It was a lid for a carton of "Scala's Seasoned Italian Gravy."

Oh the inhumanity. Gravy is one thing-but SEASONED gravy?! If I find the cads responsible for this, their days are surely numbered!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters