Thursday, June 09, 2005

More evening ruckus.

Just in case you were thinking the carton of Seasoned Gravy was to be the last of my inner-city woes-ha ha think again.

The night was humid. And as the digital clock struck 3:30AM I was suddenly awakened by the sound of a young man passionately entreating, "Tammy!" from outside my window. What first started as a quiet plea, soon culminated into an impassioned yell, "TAMMY!"

I tried to ignore it, but all of a sudden a large crash sounded from the street like fireworks exploding into the night! I frantically reached for my glasses(careful not to smudge the lenses) and looked out the window in time to see the misguided Romeo speeding off into the night in a crappy white junker. In his wake he left hundreds of soda cans spread across the road, everyone of them crushed from the weight of his car cowardly peeling away.

As the sticky-sweet smell of old soda floated up into my bedroom, I tried to drift back asleep and ignore the loud sounds of the neighborhood's resident homeless man futilely trying to recollect the cans for his own secret purposes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters