Thursday, June 02, 2005

Coworker Blues

I wouldn't go as far as saying that I FEAR the man whose cubicle borders mine(for the sake of posterity, will we call him "Coworker E").....but I certainly don't like him-and I avoid him at all costs.

Here are just SOME examples of why I find avoidance to truly be THE best policy:

Exhibit A
Recently one of the companies that my company represents decided to try and push up one of my deadlines about a month ahead of schedule-thus sending me into a desperate flutter to get everything in order under these new, absurd due dates. Today, I had to revise some of my previous writings for a pamphlet set to go into production tonight; but before I could submit it, I needed to get Coworker E's approval.

I sent my work to him via e-mail; but only after speaking to him in person about this new urgent task and how important it would be for him to work quickly to give me his approval. Then I began the waiting game.


In the meantime I get a phone call from the marketing team asking for my portion of the project, so I told them that I had sent it on to Coworker E and was still waiting on his approval. At that moment E yells over the cubicle wall that he can hear me, and that he didn't know it was so urgent which is why he hadn't gotten back to me.....

Note to self, next time you are on the phone, remember to activate the sound-proofing sheild the company has so considerately installed into the gentle folds of our burlap cubicle walls.

Exhibit B
A while back one of the companies E represents sent E a cheesecake. Fine....for SOME people. But Coworker E was SHOCKED at the fat content within said cheesecake and made EVERY person who passed by his desk guess just HOW many grams of fat were in just one slice . When his urgent queries were met with, what can be best described as a pity-laced "I don't know." He would yell, "27! 27 grams of fat! Can you BELIEVE that?!".

No E, I really can't. But moreso, I can't believe that this would be something the ENTIRE department needed to hear about.



Ok, so maybe these pieces of evidence seem trite, but let me tell you......they're not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters