Tuesday, June 07, 2005

About a boy.

So I have begun to come to terms with the fact that I might just have to take things into my own hands and ask out Rico Suave. After analyzing this to the moon and back with the help of my friend "Moody St. Clair" we came to the conclusion that Rico HAD indeed made a move towards asking me out, but I had unintentionally brushed off his advances with a reactionary moment of panic-induced humor.

Here's how it happened.

I get out of my car and start walking towards my apartment. Rico was standing in his usual spot outside the store so I stopped to chat. I noted that from his vantage he has a great view of the neighborhood-and I went onto say I love people watching (and true to form...) and judging. I am not sure if he laughed at that because I was silently cursing myself.

After a pause he replied that he judges people too, but fairly. So being the brazen little hussy that I am.....I coyly prodded, "Oh yeah, so how did you judge ME!"

To my disbelief he answered, " I thought you were hot and I wondered if you had a boyfriend."

Now, I am not sure how most people would react to this kind of a thing. But I panicked, much like a deer would before they get stuck by an oncoming semi. I quickly tried to regain composure, consciously aware that seconds were passing and I needed to respond! So I suavely muttered...."Yeah, I get that a lot."

A blatant lie! But under the circumstances I was lucky I didn't drool or run away.

At that point I noticed a customer was walking towards the store, so I ended the conversation with a charming, but accurate anecdote about how I can't cook chicken and then I headed home as Rico went into the store.

This Sunday I spent some time chatting with him about my job. I told him about how I spend my days writing descriptions for hotels and exotic destinations, and then immediately corrected his misconception that I also get to GO to these places.

I complimented him on a ring he was wearing and asked him if it was turquoise. He said that it was and remarked how he liked a ring of mine that was also turquoise. I made a joke accusing him of going through my jewelry box and he responded with an aloof remarking that he thought we probably have a lot in common.

So here I am a week or so later trying to get up some nerve. I am not so concerned about rejection. Although I have been sensitive to it ever since my freshman year of highschool where in a desperate attempt to obtain a date for the Homecoming dance I racked up more rejections than an airport Hare Krishna.

I guess I will just try and live in the moment and take a chance.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All material copyright of Little Miss Westchester...and the voices in her head.
generated by sloganizer.net
free web counters